Construction on Duckworth Street in the east end of Barrie is underway once again as part of the $10-million reconstruction project.
Last year phase one began, from Napier Street to just north of Melrose Avenue, and the second phase will now be from St. Vincent Street to Napier Avenue and is expected to be finished by July 2019, depending on the weather.
The project will include
• Replacement of the sanitary sewer and water-main
• Replacement of sanitary service laterals from the new sewer to property line
• Replacement of water services from the new water-main to property line
• Installation of a new local storm sewer system
• Reconstruction of the road surface including granular base, sub-drains, concrete curb and gutter, and asphalt surface
• New sidewalk will be installed on the east side from Napier Street to Melrose Avenue.
Detours will be in place.
© 2019 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.