- The Carpenters Provincial Apprenticeship Contest 2018 is being held at the Blue Mountain Conference Centre.
- It is open to the public June 20 and 21 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- It is being hosted by Carpenters Local 2222 which services the counties of Grey, Bruce, Huron and Perth.
- The contest will show firsthand what an exciting future there can be in the Carpentry, Drywall and Floor Covering trades.
- The contest showcases tradespeople doing practical builds.
- There will be scaffolding demonstrations.
- Visitors have a chance to win a two night stay at Blue Mountains and $500 spending money.
- About Apprenticeship: Training is a key component in developing the next generation of carpenters. It enables members to transition from Apprentices to qualified Journeypersons through the support of Training Centres, Local Unions and dedicated Instructors.
Hosted by Marina from Fresh Weekends!